Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11th

How can we ever forget that dreadful day 7 years ago? I know I won't. I was just about ready to give birth to Miss Georgia and very emotional. I don't think we turned off the T.V. for days, just watching the grief stricken families and crying along with them. Who can forget Lisa Beamer and her story of her courageous husband? 
 As I stood at the children's school this morning reciting the pledge, as I do on many days, I said it louder than normal with more American Pride, I am so thankful to live in America! I don't appreciate people not stopping and pledging, or people talking during the pledge, or people not looking at the flag or people from other countries who take advantage of our Government programs after moving here but can't, out of respect for others, just be quiet while We pledge. I guess I have a lot of "Boy Scout" in me, as a mother of Scouts. Nope, I am just an America who was saddened that day in September and wants a of moment of peace for those who fight for our freedom and those who went before us!
p.s. Happy Birthday Erin G. XOXOXo

4 comments:

Suburban Monkey said...

Amen

Josh said...

Thanks Suzi! Great stuff!

Lydia said...

I have to agree. It's an honor to say the pledge.

Maria said...

Great post!